Wednesday 17 April 2024

LORD, WE ASK FOR PEACE



Lord,
Come fill our marriage,
Come reign in our home,
We ask for peace.

As we ask for peace,
We are aware You desire us to peacemakers.
We are Your vessels of honour,
Give us peace beyond human understanding.

Give us peace when we are close to fighting,
Hold our tongue so that we don't hurt each other.
We bring every thought in us captive to You,
Especially in moments of anger.

Give us peace when life issues come to shake us,
When outsiders try to frustrate us,
When work is burdensome;
Make our home an oasis of peace.

Give us peace when we sleep.
Protect us in the spiritual and physical,
Let us sleep trusting each other;
But above all, trusting in You eyes shut.

Give us peace when plans don't go our way,
When we suffer setbacks and disappointments.
Give us peace to hold on to You,
When things are beyond our control.

Let me be peace when my spouse is in a storm,
Let me be assuring and calm.
May I never be the reason my spouse hides or cries,
The reason my spouse doesn't feel at home.

Help my spouse to be peace to me,
To know how to handle me,
To know how to comfort me and console me;
To be gentle with me.

We ask for peaceful conversations,
For genuine embrace.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
They will be called children of God.

Bless us oh Lord

© Dayan Masinde 


No comments: