Thursday 18 April 2024

The looking wife

He stormed into the house looking for his wife.

He found her in the kitchen and then he jumped to her and hugged her so tightly. He has never hugged her like that before.

He broke down and cried. Confused she was.

The sound of a crying man is shocking because men are told not to cry.

He gave a good cry with his deep voice.

She held him tightly.

"Darling, what is wrong?" she asked him.

"Talk to me honey, please. What is wrong?" she asked.

He cried even more with every word she spoke.

"Baby, you are scaring me.  I have never seen you like this before. What is going on?" she got worried.

"I love you" he said.

It has been a while since he has told her that and this time it came out with a certain authenticity than ever before.

"I need you" he said as he squeezed her to himself.

"I am here for you" she assured him.

"I feel so alone in my life and the worst part is that it is not that I don't have someone to love me but that I push that someone away. Time and time again, you have tried to get to me but my ego shouts you out" he said as she rubbed her hands on his back.

"Today I almost had a car accident but God saved me. After the car swerved and regained balance, I parked somewhere and looked at myself on the side view mirror and asked myself some questions. Who am I?  Am I loved? Am I allowing myself to be loved? Why am I a lone ranger? Why do I suffer alone in life? All my life, I have never had someone to let in my heart, I pride myself in being a self made man who doesn't need anyone. When I married you, I married for a title, to have children.. but I feel alone. I come home late and avoid heart conversations with you. I shut you out emotionally. What if I die today, will I die a stranger to you?"

"No honey, don't say that. Don't talk like that" she begged him.

"I want to know what love is. I don't know how long I have to live but I know for the first time in my life, I need love. I need to open up, I need genuine laughter, I need to be fully naked with you, I need to tell you my thoughts, I need your touch, I need to talk about matters of the heart not just bills and responsibilities. I need love. Teach me love. I surrender my ego, I want to live my life in full. I don't want to be a stranger" he said.

She pulled herself from him and kissed both his eyes and wiped his tears. I want to know you my husband, show me who you are so that I may love you. Stop fighting your battles alone, stop feeling alone yet I am here. My love for you is gentle and true. 

In your lifetime, may you find someone who will make you feel safe enough to be emotionally naked. It is easy to be physically naked with someone, but emotional nakedness will need you to put down your pride and be vulnerable. May you be loved, may you allow yourself to be loved.

 ©️ Dayan Masinde 

In the book MOTO MOTO COUPLE, Akello and I address in depth the 21 issues that affect every relationship/marriage including work, sex, finances, children, in-laws, communication and how rekindle love back in your marriage. She giving the female perspective, I give the man's perspective on each of those 21 issues. 
____________________________
GET A COPY OF THE LOVE BOOK, "MOTO MOTO COUPLE", WRITTEN BY AKELLO OLIECH & DAYAN MASINDE
STEP 1: MPESA Ksh. 400 to 0721590954
STEP 2: Text your email address to 0721590954
STEP 3: Receive the digital book in your email
STEP 4: Download and read on phone/computer

No comments: